top of page

Kitchener-Waterloo Businesses

Public·13 members

Naan Yen: A.R. Rahman and Rayhanah's Beautiful Tribute to Their Father

Naan Yen Piranthen Ar Rahman Song Download

If you are a fan of Indian music, you must have heard of A.R. Rahman, the legendary composer and singer who has won numerous awards and accolades for his work in various languages and genres. One of his most beautiful and soulful songs is "naan yen piranthen", which means "why was I born?" in Tamil. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about this song, from its background and lyrics to its video and download options.

naan yen piranthen ar rahman song download

What is the song "naan yen piranthen" and who composed it?

"Naan yen piranthen" is a Tamil song composed and sung by A.R. Rahman, along with his sister Rayhanah, for the third season of Coke Studio India, a popular music show that features live performances by various artists. The song was released in 2013 and became an instant hit among the listeners for its melodious tune and profound lyrics. The song explores the theme of existentialism, where the singer wonders why he was born and what role he is expected to play in life. The song also reflects A.R. Rahman's personal journey of faith and spirituality, as he converted to Islam from Hinduism in 1988.

How did A.R. Rahman become a famous music composer and singer?

A.R. Rahman, whose original name was A.S. Dileep Kumar, was born on January 6, 1967, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He started learning piano at the age of four and assisted his father, who was a musician and composer, in his studio. After his father's death when he was nine years old, he started playing professionally to support his family. He dropped out of school but later got a scholarship to study at Trinity College, Oxford, where he earned a degree in Western classical music.

He began his career by composing jingles for advertisements and television channels, until he met Bollywood film director Mani Ratnam, who offered him to score music for his film Roja (1992). This was his debut as a film composer and it earned him critical acclaim and recognition. Since then, he has composed music for more than 100 films in various languages, including Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam, English, Arabic, Mandarin, and Persian. Some of his most famous films include Bombay (1995), Dil Se.. (1998), Lagaan (2001), Rang De Basanti (2006), Slumdog Millionaire (2008), Rockstar (2011), Highway (2014), and 127 Hours (2010).

A.R. Rahman has also sung many songs in his own voice, as well as collaborated with other singers from different countries and cultures. He has also composed music for stage shows, documentaries, albums, video games, and sports events. He has won numerous awards for his work, including six National Film Awards, two Academy Awards, two Grammy Awards, a BAFTA Award, a Golden Globe Award, fifteen Filmfare Awards, and seventeen Filmfare Awards South. He has also been honoured with the Padma Shri and the Padma Bhushan by the Indian government.

What are the lyrics of the song "naan yen piranthen" and what do they mean?

The lyrics of the song "naan yen piranthen" are written by Vaalee, a renowned Tamil poet and lyricist who passed away in 2014. The lyrics are in Tamil language but they have been translated into English for your convenience. Here are the lyrics and their meaning:

Tamil

English

Pacha karu yaavum paava karuvalla

Neeyum naanum yaaru kutham kura solla

Pothalulla All the greenery is not sinful

You and I, who are we to blame each other

The one who is gone

Naan yen piranthen naan yen piranthen

Why was I born, why was I born

Ennai yaarum ariyadha oru ulagil

Ennai yaarum puriyadha oru mozhiyil

Ennai yaarum kettadha oru paadalil

Ennai yaarum theriyadha oru vazhvil

In a world where no one knows me

In a language where no one understands me

In a song where no one hears me

In a life where no one knows me

Ennai yaarum kaakka villai enakku uyir kaakka villai

Ennai yaarum thedalaam enakku uyir thedalaam

Ennai yaarum paarkalaam enakku uyir paarkalaam

No one is there to protect me, I have no life to protect

No one can search for me, I can search for my life

No one can see me, I can see my life

Ennai yaarum kettukolla villai enakku uyir kettukolla villai

Ennai yaarum sollalaam enakku uyir sollalaam

Ennai yaarum kandaalum enakku uyir kandaalum

No one is there to ask me, I have no life to ask

No one can tell me, I can tell my life

No one can see me even if they see me, I can see my life even if I see it

Naan yen piranthen naan yen piranthenee...

Why was I born, why did I ever get born...